76 Spirit of Fireworks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Test firing of my new WPS firing system and PyroIgnitionControl software

Finally got around to test firing my new Wireless Pyro Solutions (WPS) pro firing model, WPS remote, and PyroIgnitionControl software. Just ran two slats with some bottle rockets and talons. I have the firing delay set at 2 secs, but it looks like I need to back up the delay to 3 secs to get in better sync with the music. I'm sure I could have done that on the fly, but I wasn't sure so I have some research to do before the 4th. Overall, I'm very pleased and looking forward to bigger booms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixH...ature=youtu.be

I heard of WPS though this forum so I'll give them a shout out for putting out a quality product. I tossed around the idea of going with a Cobra or fireTek, but for my needs of 80+ cues it was going to run about $2400 for a Cobra with Music box, and alittle less with the fireTek. The WPS pro bundle was 1/2 that and works flawlessly with their software. Glad to see a quality and affordable product for us backyard enthusiasts. If you are thinking about a new system, you may want give them a look:

http://wirelesspyro.co.uk/

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meckman For This Useful Post:

3. Pyro Dudes

Thanks

Re: Test firing of my new WPS firing system and PyroIgnitionControl software

I have just the tiny with the dummy remote. I am excited to see where WPS goes. For the price point and capability, it seems like a good backyard system.

A good source of info for this system is the UK forums, that's how I found it.
    Last edited by Npntransistor; 05-08-2017 at 08:34 PM.
    Clubs:
    NEOPG - Club Secretary
    https://sites.google.com/view/neopg/
    NLPC - Member
    https://thenlpc.site

Thanks

There is an HPA shoot this Saturday in Rochester. Would be a good chance to play with the new toy some more.
    HPA 1%er

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
    Wireless Pyro Solutions LTD
    Expandable, easy to use firing system.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WPS firing For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Test firing of my new WPS firing system and PyroIgnitionControl software

Did some test hits yesterday. Found out the timing on my 5" super shells are on average 5.75 sec vs my 8.00 sec guestimate that I had scripted in my show. Also found out I needed to adjust the pulse timing from .1 sec (default) to at least .5 sec to get 3 talons to fire off of one cue at the same time. Almost had a melt down until I read the instructions. All is good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. The Following User Says Thank You to meckman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

WPS is high on my list right now. Keep the updates coming

I thought talons required a firing time of 2-3 sec to be reliable?
    Clubs:
    NEOPG - Club Secretary
    NLPC - Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Npntransistor View Post
    WPS is high on my list right now. Keep the updates coming

I thought talons required a firing time of 2-3 sec to be reliable?
    Glad to see a fellow drinker and pyro. lol.

Not sure about the timing... just did a test fire at .5 sec and was able to get 3 talons on a 24 volt system to fire. I think for the show I'm going to adjust to .7 sec to be 100%. I don't want to go too long since towards the end of the show I have a lot going off in a short amount of time and I don't want my voltage to drop too much so that things don't go off.

BTW, I highly recoment the WPS system. Other than not having a true stimulation software (which I could purchase backyard simulator) the system has proven to be great, inexpensive (comparatively), and easy use. Can't ask for much more.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meckman For This Useful Post:

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

Three questions about the WPS, does anyone know how many Firewire initiators can be fired on the 12v system, Can multiple cues be fired simultaneously, and has anyone tried doing a pyromusical with the system?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOmahaGuy View Post
    Three questions about the WPS, does anyone know how many Firewire initiators can be fired on the 12v system, Can multiple cues be fired simultaneously, and has anyone tried doing a pyromusical with the system?
    I did a pyromusical with the WPS system and it turned out really well other than my gopro not capturing the big breaks. Once you get a hang of the software it's not bad at all to script out. Also the reports it gives you are very helpful i was even able to use the reports to make labels (super nerded out on that one)
    https://youtu.be/Rql7IFWiRLM

Multiple cues can be fired at once.

I have a 24v system (batteries are cheap), and I was able to fire 3-4 talons at once. I believe the specks say I can fire a lot more than that off of one cue but my show did not require that many at once. There was one setting I had to increase the firing sensitivity on the module from the default otherwise only one talon would fire. (Check out page 7 on the link below)

You may want to check out the user manual here for further information: http://wirelesspyro.co.uk/sites/defa...User-Guide.pdf

15. The Following User Says Thank You to meckman For This Useful Post:

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

Thanks meckman, I'm planning on buying my first system for next July and was gonna get a Cobra, but WPS offers me 144 cues for the same price as Cobras 54. I think I'm gonna end up going with them.

Thanks

The price per cue was a big factor in my decision as well. With a cobra system I was going to have to get around 6 modules. With the remote and music it was going to be about double what the WPS system costed me.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Bringing up an old thread of mine since I was running some new tests based on the new equipment I got over the winter.

Ran a test hit today since I added two mini modules to the pro module so 3 total modules possible now. I was testing 1. If the minis can fire off multiple talons at once. 2. If all the modules (2 minis and 1 pro) can be fired at once. 3. Can 6 talons fire off of three queues.

Looks like 1 and 2 passed and the 3 one only 5 out of the 6 talons fired which is fine for my show next Saturday.

https://youtu.be/PXx2dfRSfz8

Thanks

Thanks for the update. WPS is still on my radar for a system. Have the mini and like it so far. Waiting to see what WPS comes up with for updates on the pro.
    Clubs:
    NEOPG - Club Secretary
    NLPC - Member

Thanks

Latest update I saw is that they went with Lipo batteries as an option.

This year I’m going with a 26 min pyro musical. 120 individual queue hits and 172 individual talons being fired. Only using the pro and 1 mini. I really tried to use that second mini, but the pro is a beast and soaks up a ton of queue fires

Thanks

Waiting to see what WPS comes up with for updates on the pro.
    What updates to the pro are you looking for?

Thanks

Key switch and 2 wire communications.
    Clubs:
    NEOPG - Club Secretary
    NLPC - Member

Thanks

There is a key switch on the WPS mote to go from test to fire.

Not sure what 2 wire communication means, I’m still a bit green in the pyro lingo. lol.

Thanks

Having used systems with each, I much prefer an on / off switch at the module to a key switch.

The system I used without a key switch (SimpliFire Mongoose) used a simple on/off button, but then had a PIN-entry option that you could use if you wanted more security.
    Donnie Hoggatt
    Independence, KS U.S.A.

Cobra, Finale
    KCAP, TotP

Thanks

At a show I like having the key switch on the module myself, but the big thing is wired communications in addition to wireless. I like having the option.
    Clubs:
    NEOPG - Club Secretary
    NLPC - Member

Thanks

Ah, gotcha. I just do backyard stuff so security is not too much of a concern since I only bring out the remote towards boom time.

The steps I follow is I normally keep the remote off and put away, I go into the field and turn on the modules, then I come back and get the remote out and turn on the remote in test mode. Do a quick continuity test to make sure all the queues that I have planned to go off are showing up on the remote.

If anything looks wrong, I turn off the remote, and put it back in a box, go out into the field and fix the issue.

Once everything looks good, then I hookup the remote to the PC via a USB cable and then turn the key switch to “fire”. Then I arm the system within the software. Then all there is to hit the “start show” button.

So I feel that I’m pretty safe with how I’m going about it, but I’m sure there are other safety steps that I could implement, but I’ve never been properly trained. I’m just going by what I feel safe with.

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

Does it check resistance in the continuity against the loaded script or is it a simple yes or no?

Also is Pyro Ignition Control easy to script with? I think i've downloaded a version in the past, but didn't find a lot of support or tutorial videos for it out there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    Does it check resistance in the continuity against the loaded script or is it a simple yes or no?

Also is Pyro Ignition Control easy to script with? I think i've downloaded a version in the past, but didn't find a lot of support or tutorial videos for it out there.
    I believe it will check it against the script, but I’ve never done that. Most of my slats are full so I just check to make sure that they read as full on the display of the module or remote. I just remember which slats only have a few on them. When I’m in the field wiring things up I can turn on the module and it will show in the display the same info on the remote so you can periodically check if you have an issue with a talon.

I’ve only used Pyro Ignition Control so I don’t have any reference to base my answer on, but I feel it’s rather easy to use. Only thing that tripped me up at the beginning was with the WPS pro module system it has 12 banks (A thru L) that go out to 12 slats that each have 12 queues. In the software queues 1-12 equates to Bank A, 1-12. Queues 13-24 in the software equates to Bank B, 1-12. 25-36 is Bank C, and so on. I keep a separate spreadsheet and just mark off when I use a queue for my own piece of mind even though the software has a checking feature if you use the same queue more than once.

The other thing is it just takes a lot of time to manually load the effects database with all the timing. Luckily I repeat the bulk of my order every year and only add a couple new items in here and there so my main database values are always there.

One thing I really like is you can run a report of the show and it dumps everything down to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. From there I massage the data just a little and create a mail merge into Microsoft Word where I create labels.

For the price (free) the software has done everything that I have asked it to do and more. I’m sure there is fancier stuff out there and maybe an effects database would be nice to have, but in my case I can’t complain.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meckman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Fired off tonight and had zero misfires (a first for me). I did have a couple unexpected lulls where a cake or two finished early (i believe it was the “we mean business”). My neighbor recorded it so hopefully he can get me the vid so I can check the timing and make adjustments fir the future. All and all it was an amazing show. People loved it.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meckman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Currently both WPS pro and hobby comes with a key-switch (to fire from receiver itself) and 2-wire communication - currently a beta feature. Both also come with GPS timings, also a beta feature at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    WPS pro and hobby does a resistive continuity check (WPS slats can be submerged without false positives) and will display any mismatch of connected and scripted cues.
    Wireless Pyro Solutions LTD
    Expandable, easy to use firing system.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WPS firing For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What is GPS timings?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast