76 Spirit of Fireworks

Thanks

Test firing of my new WPS firing system and PyroIgnitionControl software

Finally got around to test firing my new Wireless Pyro Solutions (WPS) pro firing model, WPS remote, and PyroIgnitionControl software. Just ran two slats with some bottle rockets and talons. I have the firing delay set at 2 secs, but it looks like I need to back up the delay to 3 secs to get in better sync with the music. I'm sure I could have done that on the fly, but I wasn't sure so I have some research to do before the 4th. Overall, I'm very pleased and looking forward to bigger booms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixH...ature=youtu.be

I heard of WPS though this forum so I'll give them a shout out for putting out a quality product. I tossed around the idea of going with a Cobra or fireTek, but for my needs of 80+ cues it was going to run about $2400 for a Cobra with Music box, and alittle less with the fireTek. The WPS pro bundle was 1/2 that and works flawlessly with their software. Glad to see a quality and affordable product for us backyard enthusiasts. If you are thinking about a new system, you may want give them a look:

http://wirelesspyro.co.uk/

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meckman For This Useful Post:

3. Pyro Creations

Thanks

Re: Test firing of my new WPS firing system and PyroIgnitionControl software

I have just the tiny with the dummy remote. I am excited to see where WPS goes. For the price point and capability, it seems like a good backyard system.

A good source of info for this system is the UK forums, that's how I found it.
    Last edited by Npntransistor; 05-08-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    WPS Tiny Firing System.

Thanks

There is an HPA shoot this Saturday in Rochester. Would be a good chance to play with the new toy some more.
    http://www.accelix.com/atf/

http://www.accelix.com/atf/getting-legal-pgi.ppt

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Don't buy DVD knowledge when it's free!!

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
    Wireless Pyro Solutions LTD
    Expandable, easy to use firing system.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WPS firing For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Test firing of my new WPS firing system and PyroIgnitionControl software

Did some test hits yesterday. Found out the timing on my 5" super shells are on average 5.75 sec vs my 8.00 sec guestimate that I had scripted in my show. Also found out I needed to adjust the pulse timing from .1 sec (default) to at least .5 sec to get 3 talons to fire off of one cue at the same time. Almost had a melt down until I read the instructions. All is good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. The Following User Says Thank You to meckman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

WPS is high on my list right now. Keep the updates coming

I thought talons required a firing time of 2-3 sec to be reliable?
    WPS Tiny Firing System.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Npntransistor View Post
    WPS is high on my list right now. Keep the updates coming

I thought talons required a firing time of 2-3 sec to be reliable?
    Glad to see a fellow drinker and pyro. lol.

Not sure about the timing... just did a test fire at .5 sec and was able to get 3 talons on a 24 volt system to fire. I think for the show I'm going to adjust to .7 sec to be 100%. I don't want to go too long since towards the end of the show I have a lot going off in a short amount of time and I don't want my voltage to drop too much so that things don't go off.

BTW, I highly recoment the WPS system. Other than not having a true stimulation software (which I could purchase backyard simulator) the system has proven to be great, inexpensive (comparatively), and easy use. Can't ask for much more.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meckman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Three questions about the WPS, does anyone know how many Firewire initiators can be fired on the 12v system, Can multiple cues be fired simultaneously, and has anyone tried doing a pyromusical with the system?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOmahaGuy View Post
    Three questions about the WPS, does anyone know how many Firewire initiators can be fired on the 12v system, Can multiple cues be fired simultaneously, and has anyone tried doing a pyromusical with the system?
    I did a pyromusical with the WPS system and it turned out really well other than my gopro not capturing the big breaks. Once you get a hang of the software it's not bad at all to script out. Also the reports it gives you are very helpful i was even able to use the reports to make labels (super nerded out on that one)
    https://youtu.be/Rql7IFWiRLM

Multiple cues can be fired at once.

I have a 24v system (batteries are cheap), and I was able to fire 3-4 talons at once. I believe the specks say I can fire a lot more than that off of one cue but my show did not require that many at once. There was one setting I had to increase the firing sensitivity on the module from the default otherwise only one talon would fire. (Check out page 7 on the link below)

You may want to check out the user manual here for further information: http://wirelesspyro.co.uk/sites/defa...User-Guide.pdf

15. The Following User Says Thank You to meckman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks meckman, I'm planning on buying my first system for next July and was gonna get a Cobra, but WPS offers me 144 cues for the same price as Cobras 54. I think I'm gonna end up going with them.

Thanks

The price per cue was a big factor in my decision as well. With a cobra system I was going to have to get around 6 modules. With the remote and music it was going to be about double what the WPS system costed me.

Let me know if you have any further questions.