Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Preferred System of Tim and Donnie and Andy

Quote Originally Posted by goneshootin View Post
    I know wireless is successfully deployed in stadiums and other venues where a lot of wireless traffic is concentrated. I usually don't do just pyro at those type venues. Normally it's pyro and cryo or flames. Since we need to run power cables and XLR cable anyway, adding some 2 wire to the loom is not big deal and wireless offers us no advantage.

Now if someone could come up with a system that allows me to run DMX programming, fire flame systems and pyro wirelessly and reliably that would be a very useful tool.
    I don't know if you check out Mongoose's facebook page, but we now have a DMX controller version of the field units. Each field unit has a DMX controller output and can function as an independent DMX controller controlling the full suite of DMX devices. We allow you to create DMX macros (that do precise timing of the DMX slider/control values) which can be reused across many devices of the same type by just referencing them in the script with the proper base address of the DMX device. So you can create DMX macros for "flame puff", "flame 1 second", "flame 2 second" "cryo burst 3 second" "lights" etc. and reference them from the script with any number of base addresses. So the macros can get reused between between shows relatively easily. The individual macros can have the turn on and turn off embedded in them to ensure turn off even if you stop the script. They also fully comply with our safety zone protocols so you can dynamically turn zones on and off in real time (say an audience member, staffer, or whoever gets too close to one zone) without affecting the rest of the script. The field unit is also a full capability pyro controller, allowing you to mix pyro and DMX off the same controller, with truly simultaneous operation of any number of pyro cues and any number of DMX devices.

The video is here: https://www.facebook.com/SimpliFireP...7144116664360/

I'll update with a youtube link once I get it up there as well. Also here's Mongoose ringing in the year with Skrillex.

https://www.facebook.com/SimpliFireP...1270878022896/

So it exists...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pyrodon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyroandy View Post

I never got to cheak out Mongoose. I would love to get my hands on one someday.
    Get in touch with us. dkark@simplifirepyro.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pyrodon For This Useful Post:

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goneshootin View Post
    Problem is that those wireless systems that came before you and failed have left some companies hesitant to use wireless in those venues. We honestly don't know if wireless will work at game time. This all has nothing to do with fireTEK but does explain why wireless will be a hard sell to some companies.

I'd love to use a system that can wirelessly control flames and pyro. Currently I'm using 2 flames controllers and a Fire One panel to fire 6 hits, 3 pyro and 3 flame. Dealing with the wires is our biggest pain in the ass and slows down how fast we an get on and off the field.
    Now fireTEK can also has direct control of F1 modules which you already have it... and you can do it wireless and I can guarantee it will work even on a big stadium with 100K+ people. Also do not forget you can combine it with DMX control.... this also wireless.
    More of that You can have 2 wire backup until you will start trust in fireTEK wireless.... and I am sure you will start trust it because has nothing to do with otehr wireless you already know.

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fireTEK View Post
    Now fireTEK can also has direct control of F1 modules which you already have it... and you can do it wireless and I can guarantee it will work even on a big stadium with 100K+ people. Also do not forget you can combine it with DMX control.... this also wireless.
    More of that You can have 2 wire backup until you will start trust in fireTEK wireless.... and I am sure you will start trust it because has nothing to do with otehr wireless you already know.
    I can attest to this mine worked perfectly in a couple of stadiums. On one show my nearest module was 600 feet away on the ground. Another show the nearest mod was 500ft away on the ground also with chain link fences and buildings in the way. I was also next to the band with metal instruments. I can post a video if anyone is interested. I work in the tech industry and I like the tech and simplicity of this system. This does not mean the other systems are not great because they are very good and do their respective jobs well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123