Kneppy's Fireworks

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

Illinois Pyro Clubs?

Is there any Pyro Groups around the northern Illinois area? Hate living in a non pyro state and would really like to start meeting people and getting some 1 on 1 knowledge besides reading forums and google lol.

2. Pyro Dudes

Thanks

Re: Illinois Pyro Clubs?

Check out HPA. While this year we are virtually done except for an annual meeting and a xmas get together (not really a shoot), most all of our shoots are in the north/northwest part of Indiana. Several Illinois folks in the club.

Heartlandpyro.org

We just had our annual big get together in september. First shoot of the year typicall falls mid/late april or first of May.
    HPA 1%er

4. The Following User Says Thank You to indianahx For This Useful Post:

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

The Chicagoland pyros used to meet all the time for pizza parties. We would talk about fireworks, overloads, and more fireworks. Some of the guys used to be HPA members, and go to some of the shoots, especially the MFF. Al's swap meet is another place a lot of the Chicagoland guys go to every year.

Everything has kinda fallin apart the last couple of years though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RudyG For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RudyG View Post
    The Chicagoland pyros used to meet all the time for pizza parties. We would talk about fireworks, overloads, and more fireworks. Al's swap meet is another place a lot of the Chicagoland guys go to every year. Everything has kinda fallin apart the last couple of years though.
    Well, maybe it's because you lost your leader, ya think? Lol. BTW, I was at Al's this year, where were you?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RudyG View Post
    The Chicagoland pyros used to meet all the time for pizza parties. We would talk about fireworks, overloads, and more fireworks. Some of the guys used to be HPA members, and go to some of the shoots, especially the MFF. Al's swap meet is another place a lot of the Chicagoland guys go to every year.

Everything has kinda fallin apart the last couple of years though.
    All the more reason to get things going again! :-)

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

I’ll second MFF since I travel up there from middle TN each year. This next year will be my fifth and it’s yet to fail to entertain.

Each clubs event or events I go to have their own draws that make them unique. One of MFF’s is that it’s fairly casual and layed back most of the time. The awesome food supplies from the NY visitor ( he knows who he is ) are always a treat. I never thought I’d build a 12” shell, but wanted to try something and a couple I know from another event were willing to help with the idea a little so they put me to work. The HPA compound is always fun to hang around after hours. They’ll try to feed ya too if your not careful.

Most definitely an attend event as close as you are.