Kneppy's Fireworks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Firewire failure.

Quote Originally Posted by PYRODAD View Post
    Update !

Ok so in a post #15 I said I had used a diffrence mod I did not as I switched the cables to another mod went inside to get kids in bed and forgot I had already switched and switched back to mod in question after I went back to the garage. The test with the 2nd script I must of forgot to unload the first script as lastnight I tried it again and it worked twice in a row ! The mod in question fired those cues with another script.

To sum it up. All 72m mods I have total of 4. 1-72 will not fire cues in question during the script only how ever It will fire them manually.

The video below will show the Mod in question will fire them in Talon mode during the script. I used the onboard cues this time in the video but also tested with slats and both times in Talon mode they fired.

There is something between this 72m and this script. All the cues in question have seconds between them except the first 2 which start 0:00.00 wont fire and 0:00.01 which will fire.

Set up
    Bank A Ch 2. Cues 1 4 7 Cue 1 had 2 in series.
    Bank B Ch 5. Cue. 5
    Bank C Ch 8 Cue 11.
    These will not fire in script in E match mode. Waiting for Joel and Scott to get back to me.
    Can you post the script with the cues in questoin highlighted?

2. intergalactic

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyroandy View Post
    I circled the cues. Also I changed the time on the first 2 cues to 0:05.00 cue 1 and 0:05.01 cue 2. Cue 1 didn't fire. However I added a 10th of sec to the other cues and they all fired during the script.

The cues that didn't/ dont fire are all on the same channel but 1 hundredths of a sec before the next cue on that channel. The first cue dosen't fire the 2nd 1 does.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PYRODAD; 01-08-2019 at 09:10 PM.

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

I got them to fire! I added 1 hundredth of a sec to Ch 2 cue 2 and cue 1 fired at 0:00.00 . The other cues I deducted 1 hundredths of a second and they fired during the script. Just this 1-72m my other 3 run it fine on the original script.

And yes its the only script on the R2.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PYRODAD For This Useful Post:

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

It probably won’t help, but while waiting to hear back ya might try swapping batteries just for giggles if it’s not to difficult.

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

In the interest of fairness, can a moderator change the title on this thread now that it has been demonstrated to be a scripting or software problem and nothing to do with Firewire?
    PGI and CrackerJacks
    BATF Type 20
    NYS Certified Pyrotechnician

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrtiii For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was having a hard time trying to follow along thru your troubleshooting process. I think you have been using cues in the timeline and firing cues interchangeably. You may want to distinguish the two better. I don't know why in your first picture of your script you ciricaled Ch2 cue15. So now that all the problems have been eliminated it seems you may be left with some kind of hardware glitch. It maybe usfule to try to swap batterys but I dont think it will help. I hope Scott can figure it out soon.

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    In the interest of fairness, can a moderator change the title on this thread now that it has been demonstrated to be a scripting or software problem and nothing to do with Firewire?
    I've reproduced the issue with Firewire Initiators and e-match. So the title "Firewire failure" could use an update if the moderators can do that.

I've sent my test results/video to Cobra as well.

Chris

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cduesman For This Useful Post:

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

I was having a hard time trying to follow along thru your troubleshooting process. I think you have been using cues in the timeline and firing cues interchangeably. You may want to distinguish the two better. I don't know why in your first picture of your script you ciricaled Ch2 cue15. So now that all the problems have been eliminated it seems you may be left with some kind of hardware glitch. It maybe usfule to try to swap batterys but I dont think it will help. I hope Scott can figure it out soon.
    I sent the unit in today for them to test. Joel has been in contact with me and was able to reproduce it but with a 72 with low current draw. Which I tested for them and mine does not. Should be there Friday so maybe sometime next week I will hear something.

What I did
    Tested all 4 -72m Units only 1 is doing this during script useing E match mode
    Tested Amps at 8.82 to 8.99
    Tested script in Talon mode they fire during script
    Tested cues manually in E match mode they fire
    Resynced the mod and reloaded 5.0.3

I changed the time in the script on those cues to fire .02 from each other instead of .01 and they all fire.
    All cues that don't fire are supposed to go off .01 before the next cue the next cue will fire though just not the 1 cue before it.

The Ch2 cue 15 was another cue that didn't fire its also .01 before the next cue. CH2 cue 16 did fire.

Seems im not the only 1 as the gentleman in the post above was able to reproduce with 2 of his 8 - 72m .

I will keep you updated as I find out more info.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PYRODAD For This Useful Post:

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

Andy, I didn’t suspect my suggestion to resolve the problem, but there could have been a chance. The time almost overlap causing the issue is what gave the idea. The second fires and first doesn’t is weird, but felt if there was some weak power one cue might be robbing the other cues power.

I’m not electronics minded enough to understand how Cobra really handles the firing. Which leaves me to red neck educated guesses.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,028 Times in 1,502 Posts

Re: Cobra 72 mod issue

Thanks for changing the thread title.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to goneshootin For This Useful Post:

APPROVED MEMBER
    Thanks

FYI so everyone knows, we are working with Alfredo on this. More to come.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cobrafiringsystems For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cobrafiringsystems View Post
    FYI so everyone knows, we are working with Alfredo on this. More to come.
    Thanks, did you guys update the post on your facebook page?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    Done.....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyronut For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12